Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shelton Lee




I read the biography Delinquent Angel and was introduced to an Australian Poet I had never heard of before and fell in love with the man, the story and all its rough edges. He is a man that has now passed away but will not be forgotten by his followers......his adoption and colourful life introduced us to such passion and poetry that flowed from his tongue. I can relate to alot of his story, had a lot of the same struggles and feelings of an adopted child feeling out of place. I must say I was not as self destructive and only saw inside a prison wall once........Shelton lived and breathed such destruction on his soul and body which is heart breaking but that was the man he was.


Here is a painting - the most beautifu portait painting I have seen in a while painted by Jenni Mitchell and is on the cover of Sheltons book The Love Poems! I would love to go and see Jenni's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment